Monday, February 26, 2018

Help Needed for Crumbs!, Puppy Update, Big Catch and Newest Pattern from Saf-T-Pockets

I am so excited to have half-square triangles of my crumb 10" squares!  I believe the Layer Cake was called "In The Navy" from MSQC.

NOW, I don't know the best way to arrange them.  They are basically only TWO colors, but you can do so many arrangements with them.

Tell me what you think, and what arrangement you like.  Love to see any other patterns you know about.

Here is Arrangement #1: (I didn't have many pieces yet.)


Following is Arrangement #2: (I think this is my favorite because of the stars it makes.)


Following is Arrangement #3: (I like this one but it doesn't have any stars.)

Some of you asked me to keep you posted on the puppies who were thrown out onto our land by some mean person.  We feel they must have been VERY mean because these puppies are terrified of people.  We are trying very hard to get them to come to us.

I put food out for them, and when we LEAVE, they rush to the food and gobble down every bit of it.  We put food into this bowl twice tonight.
I think they have been mothered by a deer because they act like deer.  Very timid and watchful and jumpy.  They won't be still long enough for me to snap a good picture.
My husband found where they have been living.  They crawl under that long piece of metal on top of the leaves.  This area is behind Jerry's barn, so we never saw them until they came up to the house looking for food.
And below is one of our three cats.  His name is boots -- for obvious reasons -- and he is our oldest and fattest cat.

He was hilarious watching us try to get the puppies to come to us.  He could see everything from his high perch there.  He and Barney (our second oldest cat) have not been happy ever since we brought Button home when he was a kitten.  He was a tossed out baby also, but he ran into our building in town to hide.  He was so tiny and so skinny.

Boots and Barney ignore Button and treat him like some kind of space alien; and now they see these puppies, and I think they are at their wit's end.  LOL! 

And THEN there is my husband!

A few nights ago when I first saw the puppies, I told him how cute they were and told him we had to take care of them.  He said, "NO WAY!!!!"  "LISTEN TO ME, JOY!"  "WE HAVE YOUR MOM -- OUR 3 CATS -- AND 3 STRAY CATS!"  "WE JUST CANNOT TAKE THESE DOGS IN!!!!"

Now that I'm old and I have lived with Jerry for 43 years, I know that he ALWAYS says "NO!" first.  Later, he always says "Yes".  So, I just waited. 

This morning when I went into the kitchen to make my breakfast, Jerry was trying to come up with a name for the dogs who still had not come near us.  Of course, I knew his heart was softening, but I didn't let on.  He said, "I think I'll name the black dog "Bart".  (A "B" name like the 3 cats.)

I told him the dogs were girls and he could not name one "Bart".  He agreed.

I suggested "Betty".  He said he didn't like that at all. 

I told him I wanted to name the light colored one "Sandy", but he said that didn't start with a "B".

So then I left and went to work.  I wasn't at work very long when Terry called and we decided to take advantage of the one sunshiny day this week and go do our grocery shopping.  While I was at Sam's buying groceries, I got a phone call from Jerry.

GUESS what he wanted????????????????????

He asked me to buy dog food and treats for the puppies.  He really is a big softy when it comes to puppies and kittens.

I don't know what will actually happen, but I will keep you posted.

We have named them Sandy and Sasha.  IF they ever come to us, we will take them to a Vet and later get them spayed.  We don't need any more unwanted puppies.  I told Jerry that our names didn't start with "B", so surely we could name these dogs something else.  He agreed.

And, HEY!

You gotta see what Jerry caught yesterday when he went fishing with a new friend who happens to be a Guide.  I was so happy for Jerry to get to go in someone else's boat and just enjoy fishing.  He put the fish back in the lake.
And one last thing!

My latest new pattern.  I hope to make it up real soon.  I will let you know all about it -- of course.
Here is my latest VLOG if you haven't seen it, and if you care to:
Be back soon -- I hope.

Hugs, Joy







8 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, Love your new quilt layouts. I like 2 and 3 the best. Beautiful puppies. By the ears and colors I would guess the black one is German Shepherd mix. My favorite dog. How about Bobbin and Bonnie? WOW on Jerry's fish. Those are some big fish. I'm a long time secret fan of you. I missed hearing an update on your mom. She's so sweet and cute. I think she likes the camera too. I'm her fan too.lol I look forward to more updates. God bless you. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern..I hope you make one like the white one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy, I like arrangement #2 best, it looks more scrappy to me. Y’all are so cute with your kittens and puppies. I can sympathize with you, as I’m a soft touch also. My dog, Kala died 2 years ago & the day after a feral cat had babies in my bushes. One at 4 weeks was very sick & laying at my back door. And of course I’d been feeding them too. I took her to my vet and she only had one eye. I nursed her back to health, had her spayed & she is an inside kitty. More kitties later, another one caught her foot in my fence, she was wild and about 8 months. I took her to vet and he had to take her leg off due to not being able to catch her for 3 days and gangrene had set in. So, I now have 2 handicapped kittens inside, plus now feeding 15 ferals in my garage. 5 hav been spayed/neutered and hope to catch more. I’ve found homes for some and I spend more on their food than mine. But all of this helped me thru the grieving time for me 16 year old companion. Never a dull moment here. Lol
    Love your blog & vlog and look forward to them. I too love to quilt & im anxious to see how your to turns out. I wish I had your energy but I’m 76 & have slowed down a lot due to arthritis. I hav a pattern from Saf-t-pockets but haven’t tried it yet. Bye for now. Hug your Mom for me, I love to hear about her too! Hugs, Sandra in wet Mississippi ������

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to read about how you take care of these cats and dogs. Thank you for that! (your husband reacts just like mine - we are lucky to be married to such softies, I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.sameliasmum.com/2012/10/fresh-diamonds-easy-quilt-tutorial.html
    https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/project/diybaby-quilt-playing-with-hsts/123767
    Such a sweet couple you guys are. Here are a couple of layouts you may want to take a look at (no affiliation). I actually just made a baby quilt in the spiral style. Turned out really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done on your board! Your so creative! I also like the brown batik for your binding! Are the dogs still thet?😁😅

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joy, it’s been awhile since I’ve left any messages, but I have been watching your vlog. Always delightful. I like #2, it just looks more striking to me showing off the contrast of the black and the scraps. Love that your hearts are open to the pups. I’m always for rescues. I have 2 cat rescues. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joy, I like the diamond quilt. I've done that one before, but I offset the diamond. It is a free pattern that I found, I don't remember where, Metalic Diamond... something like that.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy