Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Hello on Wednesday Night

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I don't have a new video for you.  I actually made one for you two days ago, but I didn't have time to unscramble it.  Mom has been more needful of my time lately, and I get really worn out some days.

She wakes us up very abruptly at night quite often, and Jerry and I both have trouble going back to sleep.  I always jerk my head up because I'm shocked with the bright light and Mom demanding I get up and fix her shake, and I have a pain in my neck all the time.  Ugh!

I get so upset with her until I've caught up on my sleep and my compassion cup is full again.

Jerry is gone a lot too, and that means I'm alone with her.  When he is here, he helps with all the chores and helps me deal with her when she gets difficult.  Thank God I have a wonderful husband who appreciates me taking care of my Mom, and he is always willing to help -- IF he isn't at work or fishing -- of course.

Then there is our store which requires more of my time lately.  We have had an ad in the paper for a sales clerk for three weeks.  Today, the 2nd applicant came in.  She was only 19 years old.  She seemed like a little girl to me.  I told her if she came to work for us, she would have lots of Mothers -- more like Grandmothers!  She was very quiet and shy.  I'm not sure if she could handle all the responsibility, but I think she would be very sweet and easy to like.  If they are teachable, it is nice to have a young one you can train.  They don't complain that something was done differently somewhere else.

SOOOOOOOOOO, all of that to say, I haven't had much time lately for blogging and vlogging.

Right now, I must get up off this comfy bed to go outside to find our oldest, fattest cat, Bootsy.  He decided he wasn't coming in at the usual time tonight, and Jerry isn't here to walk all over the place following him until he finally stops so Jerry can pick him up.  If he doesn't come when I call him, it is just too bad!  He can stay out all night in the cold!  I will go call him one more time though.

Be back soon my friends. 

Hugs, Joy

3 comments:

  1. Joy, I keep checking your blog daily hoping for a new entry and/or a new video to YouTube, but there is nothing new. Really enjoy all of your videos and love watching them. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is all well for you and your family and that you are sewing nip a storm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t see a Vlog or Blog recently so I am just popping in to say I hope things are okay with you and you sweet mama. I just returned from the hospital from having a hip replacement so for now I am busy knitting instead of sewing. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy